5 Amazing Wintertime Recipes Using Empire Hemp Co. CBD Oil
We’re at that phase of the winter season when many of us are longing for spring, and desperately trying to stay warm and cozy in our homes. This is the perfect time of year to get busy in the kitchen, to come up with warm, comforting treats that occupy our minds and allow us to enjoy the flavors of the season to take on a more affectionate feeling for the coldest time of year.
If you’re a CBD enthusiast, you can make these classic wintertime recipes even more comforting by infusing them with our CBD oil, instantly converting all-time favorite delights into edibles that can lift your spirits as the dark and chilly days drag on. It really couldn’t be easier, either – simply pour your favorite Empire Hemp Co. CBD Oil formula into the recipes below, and you’re in for a nice, long-lasting full spectrum hemp experience while treating the taste buds at the same time.
Borscht is a thick and hearty beet stew that can make you feel warm in just seconds of taking that first spoonful. It also highlights the beet, a staple of the winter season.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ head medium-sized cabbage, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can tomato puree
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 4 droppers CBD oil
- Sour cream for serving
- Bread for serving
- Into a Dutch oven, pour the olive oil and add the garlic.
- Bring the heat to low and cook the garlic just until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the cabbage and cook on medium until it becomes soft – about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and give it a good stir.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, and thn pour in the potatoes and beets.
- Bring the liquid to a boil before taking it down to medium-low, and cover.
- In about 40-50 minutes, the potatoes and beets should be tender, along with the cabbage, and the broth should be a bright magenta color.
- Stir in half the dill. Then, stir in the CBD oil.
- Divide the borscht into bowls, and top with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining dill.
- Serve with bread.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
If you’re looking for an easy and deeply satisfying side dish, try these Brussels sprouts which are given an extra kick of satisfaction with the help of some bacon.
- 5 strips thick-cut bacon, sliced into small squares
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 droppers CBD oil
- Place the bacon in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Bring the heat to medium-high.
- Allow the bacon to crisp up in the pan before removing it with a slotted spoon, leaving behind the bacon fat.
- With the heat still on medium-high, place the sprouts into the pan, cut side down. You may need to do this in batches, but it ensures an extra-crispy texture.
- Increase the heat to high, checking to make sure that they don’t burn.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When the bottoms of the sprouts are crispy, flip them over.
- Sprinkle the garlic into the pan.
- Cook for an additional couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the CBD oil, stirring it in evenly.
There is nothing quite like a warm dessert to hit the spot on the coldest nights of the year. This apple crisp is a winner all season long with its comforting flavor profile.
- 6 apples, peeled coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 3 droppers CBD oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Into a mixing bowl, mix together the cubed apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, including the CBD oil, in a separate bowl.
- Use your fingers to break down the butter until you get a coarse, sand-like texture.
- Carefully spread the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until there’s a golden-brown color on the crisp and the apples are bubbling beneath.
Classic Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate satisfies us all season long, offering a rich and sweet drink that we can feel good about indulging in since it helps keep us warm. Adding some CBD oil to this classic beverage really takes its ability to lift our mood to the next level.
- 1 ½ cups milk (any kind of milk will be fine if you are someone who avoids dairy)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 dropper CBD oil
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the milk, cocoa powder and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Bring the heat to low and keep it there, stirring constantly and making sure that the milk doesn’t boil.
- Once the milk begins steaming, you can turn the heat off and stir in the CBD oil.
- Pour into a large mug and top with whipped cream.
Ultimate Winter Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
While we usually think of salads as light and more on par with a warm-weather meal, this salad has winter favorites and much heartier kale to fill you up while remaining extremely nutritious.
- 16oz bag baby kale leaves
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ large red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- chicken breast, cooked as you prefer and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper for added taste
- 1 dropper of CBD oil
- Place the kale, pecans, cranberries, onion, and chicken breast in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top, crumbling it with your fingers.
- Into a small bowl, combine the honey and mustard, and stir well.
- While stirring with a fork or a small whisk, slowly add the olive oil until a dressing comes together.
- Stir in the salt & pepper along with the CBD oil.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss the salad well before serving.